See Inside & Out – Colon Hydrotherapy - the gentle way to clean the colon. for general informations an positioning on the toilet
You can get probiotic in the form of yogurt or kefir from the supermarket, look for the “live and active cultures “
You can also get probiotic in tablet form from the health shops.
COLON HYDROTHERAPY – CLIENT AFTERCARE ADVICE
You can anticipate feeling more peaceful, lighter, cleaner and more energised after a colonic.
On occasion, if there has been a longstanding condition of constipation or several health problems, a slight headache or fatigue may be experienced with the first or second colonic. If this is something you are experiencing, a short rest will help restore the equilibrium. In some cases you may feel slightly bloated for a few hours after the colonic, as the untrapped gas makes its way to the exit. A cup of peppermint tea and lie down with a hot water bottle for a while may ease this.
In very rare cases tiredness persists for a few days, as the body continues to detoxify itself. In these cases, we recommend having another colonic treatment to accelerate the process. Since the colon has been cleared of solid matter, it may take on average one to four days before it fills up again and normal bowel movements are resumed.
Some water is absorbed through the colon wall during a colonic, and you may notice an increased need to urinate for a few hours afterwards. This beneficial effect of flushing the kidneys may also be enhanced by drinking a few glasses of water with the juice of half a lemon added to each glass.
DIGESTION AND ELIMINATION TIPS
This breakfast has been traditionally used by those wanting to have a steady supply of energy in the morning, good digestion, regular elimination and a beautiful skin. It requires minimum preparation and is ready to be eaten in the morning. Before you go to bed, take a tub of live yoghurt (soya yoghurt if you are lactose intolerant) and mix it with orange or other fruit juice or even water to form a shake. Throw in a handful of porridge oats, linseeds, a couple of chopped prunes, sunflower seeds and a couple of chopped apricots. Leave in the fridge to ferment overnight, and eat in the morning on its own or with some fresh fruit or berries.
• Eat smaller meals – grazing is better than gorging!
• Eat for what you are about to do, not for what you have done.
• Keep your meals simple – don’t mix too many different kinds of food in one meal.
Keep your meals mostly alkaline by volume.
• CHEW SLOWLY; Keep your mouth closed while chewing, to avoid air getting into
your digestive system
• Buy local and buy in season. By purchasing your groceries from your local farm
shops and farmers’ markets you will always get nutrient-rich fresh food all the while
contributing to the survival of organic farming in your own country.
• Drink room temperature water with your meals.
• Avoid carbonated drinks if you feel bloated and gassy.
• Avoid artificial sweeteners – use fructose or honey to sweeten your desserts or drinks.
• Whole grains (rice, barley, oats, buckwheat etc) are better nutritionally than pasta and
breakfast cereals and they contain the true roughage than cleans up your digestive
system. Generally, they are better for you “al dente” – very slightly undercooked.
Soak the grains overnight before cooking and discard the soak water.
• Beans and pulses have a high fibre contents, and they are a very valuable part of your
diet. Introduce them into your diet carefully and slowly to avoid excess gas. Soak
your beans overnight and discard soak water before cooking
• Keep your body hydrated – drink plenty of water.
REMEMBER: BEING 80% GOOD 80% OF THE TIME WILL MAKE YOU FEEL AT LEAST 65% BETTER,
AND YOU CAN STILL INDULGE FROM TIME TO TIME!
PLEASE ABSTAIN FROM ALCOHOL, RICH AND SPICY FOODS FOR AT LEAST 24 HOURS AFTER YOUR TREATMENT